Life at UpperCloud
It all starts with a focus on wellness and happiness for all stakeholders. From our humble beginnings to where we are now, we’ve built our entire company around being flexible and supportive of everyone’s growth. Our dailies are mainly meetings, some collaboration as warranted, all the way to closing out massive campaigns with high fives. Some of the perks we offer to employees.
+ Remote working (since 2013 and pretty good at it).
+ Competitive health, dental and vision benefits for full-time employees.
+ 4% Matching 401k or Roth IRA plans.
+ Paid time-off for full time employees.
+ Macbook stipend and other things you may need to work remotely successfully.
+ Slack, Asana, Gusto, Spotify, and Adobe Cloud Subscriptions.
+ Participation at our creative Team Summits.
A tradition dating back to our beginnings when our offices were the open seats at the local coffee shop, we devised a way to get together about once per quarter. It’s worked so well, we’ve kept it as a cornerstone of our culture.
It starts with a theme most; we organize team meal cooking, workshops, wellness as well as not-so-healthy activities, tons of play, vision planning, recalibrating, and most importantly to connect on new levels.
See what’s available and if you don’t find anything now, but really believe you can change our minds, we would love to hear from you. How you reach out, we will leave it up to you.
UpperCloud is seeking an ambitious, resourceful, and creative Graphic Designer to work with our team. We are looking for a part-time or full-time Graphic Designer to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media. The successful candidate must be a go-getter who can assist our team with design projects from the initial concept phase through final deliverable, helping wherever possible to meet the needs of the team and the client.
At UpperCloud, we believe in media for social good and our ideal candidate will have the same vision. We work fluidly and a bit unconventional, so our ideal candidate must be comfortable with, and adapt to, change. If you can grasp project requirements quickly and offer valuable insight, we’d like to meet you!
The Graphic Designer will work with our Account/Project Managers. Throughout this experience, the Graphic Designer will gain insight into many departments within our agency. The Graphic Designer will report to our Managing Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Graphic Designer will:
- Work with the Creative Director and/or the Design team to produce design(s) - mockups, revisions, final design, and print ready assets.
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements.
- Be responsible for art directing when needed.
- Create illustrations, logos, and other designs using software or by hand.
- Amend designs after feedback.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
- Work on various types of design projects in different mediums - this can include, but is not limited to, website, digital, print, photography.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule.
- Perform ad hoc projects when needed.
Ideally, we’re looking for a candidate who possesses the following:
- Proven graphic designing experience.
- Strong portfolio of illustrations and other types of graphics.
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier, etc.); knowledge or willingness to learn Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in teams.
- Comfortable working remotely and in office.
- Knowledge of Google Suite applications.
- Knowledge or willingness to use the programs, Asana, Slack, WordPress.
- Eagerness to complete projects with urgency.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines; comfortable working within quick turnaround times.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Nice to have: video editing experience.
- Nice to have: familiarity with HTML and CSS.
The candidate must:
- Attend monthly in-person full team meetings either in Oakland or Sacramento (first Monday of each month, unless otherwise specified).
- Attend weekly full team meetings.
- Be able to work a hybrid schedule (remote + in office in Oakland, Ca).
Some benefits we offer include:
- Competitive health, dental and vision benefits for full-time employees.
- 4% Matching 401k or Roth IRA plans
- Paid time off (for full-time employees).
- Macbook stipend and other things you may need to work remotely successfully.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your portfolio, cover letter, and resume to Judy at email@example.com.
$25,000 -$50,000/year depending on experience and employment type.
Contractor / Vendors
We are always looking for stellar creatives, copywriters, artists (muralists, musicians, etc), developers, coders, producers, event coordinators, and really anyone that is insanely passionate about their trade. When the alignment is right, we will reach out.